The two-handled cups displayed on Warners Antique Silver are sometimes referred to as porringers. There is some argument over the correct terminology, but porringer and caudle cup are the most favoured terms used by collectors.
Important developments took place in the early eighteenth century, when glass was preferred to sterling silver for drinking utensils. The two-handled cups then became more popular as presentation pieces and hence started the gradual transformation into the trophy cup
by William Shaw and William Priest, London 1759.